Child abuse is not always obvious, but physical indicators of child abuse may be evident. If you notice any physical indicators of physical abuse in the Wichita, Kansas community or surrounding areas, do not hesitate to take action.
Physical indicators should be considered based on inconsistent medical history, the child’s developmental state and the presence of other indicators if known. The earlier abuse is caught, the better the chance of recovery and appropriate treatment for a child in the Wichita, Kansas community and surrounding areas.
Seeing one warning sign of physical abuse does not automatically mean a child is being abused. It is important to dig deeper and look for a pattern of abusive behavior and physical indicators.
Common physical abuse indicators include:
- Bruises, welts or bite marks
- Lacerations, abrasions or unusual bleeding
- Fractures, scars or internal injuries
- Head trauma (Black eyes, split lips, loose teeth, lumps on the head, facial bruises)
- Scald and immersion burns (Sock-like, glove-like, or splash burns)
- Contact burns (Cigarette burns, rope burns, patterned like electric iron, electric burner or fireplace tools)
If you notice any common physical abuse indicators on a child in the Wichita, Kansas community or surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to call 911 immediately.