There are multiple signs of child abuse, and the first step in helping abused or neglected children in Wichita, Kansas is to recognize those signs. Behavioral signs of child abuse provide important clues for potential reporters. If you notice a single behavioral indicator, it does not necessarily prove that child abuse or neglect is occurring, but a closer look into the situation may be warranted if the signs are recurring.
Some of the signs that may alert you to the possibility of child abuse or neglect in Wichita, Kansas are:
- Repeated occurrences of an indicator
- Presence of several behavioral and physical indicators
- Appearance of suspicious serious injury or death
If a child in the Wichita, Kansas area reports he or she is a victim of abuse or neglect, give reassurance and tell him or her that telling you about what happened was the right thing to do. Here are a few tips for talking to an abused child in Kansas:
- Avoid denial and remain calm
- Don’t press for details
- Reassure the child that he or she did nothing wrong
- Keep the safety of the child and yourself in mind
If you notice signs of child abuse in the Wichita, Kansas community or surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to call 911 immediately.